Roon keeps adding unwanted albums to my favorites in Tidal [Single Track albums]

I’m brand new to Roon but not to Tidal. For some reason Roon keeps adding random albums to my collection of favorites in Tidal. I want to be able to choose which albums are added because it’s becoming difficult to locate the ones I’ve added myself with all these unwanted extras to look through.

Please help!

You did choose. You chose to add Tidal Collections to your library when you set up Roon.

AJ

Thanks for your answer.

Can you tell how to undo this?

https://kb.roonlabs.com/FAQ:_I_added_collections_from_Tidal%2C_how_do_remove_that_content%3F

Thanks.

This tells me how to remove albums but not how to prevent more from being added automatically. What I really need to do is to undo some setting I made by mistake when I set up Roon for the first time yesterday.

My understanding is that the choice to add Tidal Collections has been removed from the onboarding steps. Let’s flag @mike and see if he can assist.

Thanks for any and all help I can get! :scream:

In the meantime, go to Tidal/Collections (blue tab) in Roon and check that none of these are selected:

Is that done in my Roon app or my Tidal app?

Roon. Menu > Tidal > Collections tab

OK, unfortunately, none of those boxes were checked.

Maybe you can tell me if I need to find the solution to my problem by using my iPad or on my core device (a Mac).

That would be huge help considering my extremely limited knowledge of Roon.

Either one.
The Roon user interface all talk to the Core.

If you don’t have any Collections selected then the only things that should be added to Tidal Favourites are Albums you have “Added to Library” in Roon. Can you post a screenshot of an Album that has been added without your command ?

I can try doing that but I’m not sure how to on an iPad.

It will take me a little time to figure it out.

Hi Steve,

If you’re having trouble figuring out how to do a screenshot on the iPad, click the home button and power/sleep button at the same time. This will take a picture of your screen and place it at the bottom left of the screen. Tap it, click done and it will save to Photos on the iPad.

To place it in your message, click the Up Arrow icon and navigate to Photo Library, select photo and it will add it to your post.

Cheers, Greg

Thanks Greg and everyone else that tried to help me with this issue.

I’m embarrassed to admit that it wasn’t adding unwanted albums to my favorites (or Library) after all. What was apperently happening was that Roon looked at my favorite tracks and added the associated album covers to my Library. I discovered this by clicking on the album covers in question and realizing that only one song was listed under the album.

In short, I guess I’m not having a problem after all. :flushed:

1 Like

Yes this is Roon working as designed, although the devs are aware it isn’t necessarily what all users might want. Do you have any thoughts about what you would like Roon to do in these circumstances ?

Well, because you’re asking, I think it would be great if Roon would separate my favorite singe tracks from my favorite full albums. That way If I wanted to listen to a few favorite tracks, I wouldn’t have to sift through all my favorite albums.

I would also like to be able to buy a physical book with an index on how to use Roon rather than having to sit in front of my computer to find out what I want to know.

Thanks for asking, Andrew!

On the last point, Roon member Michael Whitehead has created a printable PDF of the User Guide, but it isn’t dynamic so won’t be as up to date as the online version.