Roon monopolises audio output - kicking browser to different output

Hi guys, I have recently set up my mac mini as my music server (with a projector), and want to use it with Roon, Tidal and to play online TV like Disney + , however I’ve discovered an issue - I use an Audioquest Dragonfly Red as my audio output, but when Roon is active, it monopolises the Red, meaning that if I want to switch between watching TV and listening to music, I need to log on with the in built screen sharing app in order to close the session of Roon, in order to be able to reload Chrome and then select the Red as the audio output.

My question is, is there a way that all of my apps can be locked to the Red as the master audio output? Is really proving to be a huge buzzkill ATM!

Thanks!

Sam

Untick exclusive mode and/or nominate the DAC as the ‘system output’. I’m not a Mac user so can’t talk you through it step by step but it is easy enough to do.

1 Like

thanks henry, would that be in Roon or in the mac’s system preferences? Any mac users care to expand on henry’s suggestion with how I might achieve that?

thanks so much guys!

best,

sam

In Roon, pick System Output as your zone.

On your MAC, go to System Preferences -> Sound, and on the Output tab, pick your DragonFly.

2 Likes

AWESOME! thanks danny that works perfectly :slight_smile:

thanks also henry! Love this Roon community!

best,
sam

1 Like