Roon Music Blog: Classical Community Conversations

Thanks for posting this in here.
I think you’ll get an idea from the threads linked below, if you are interested and have the time.
I did read them, because:

• For the last 2 month looks like 97% of my listening was classical and since started roon it was 75%
  • All comps that I’m using (starting 2005) are apple. I did quit on iPhone 7 years ago: it was so well integrated that it did replace the computer and made me spend more and more time on screen (at least now it is a bigger one, same goes for iPads)
  • Since Qobuz it is not available in Romania and Tidal Master is MQA I would like to switch to ALAC or other form of Hi Rez (or just try and decide after the trial)
  • I’m already a subscriber to a iCloud plan so I can build a package (I think I can drop Netflix for Apple TV)

I’m planning to have a trial… But not until I’ll find a (easy) way to connect to my DAC (or actually HQP) without AirPlay. I’m not having any high hopes (or at least to quick happening) as Apple current market plans are oriented more to the mass consumer than the niche that roon is representing. I think they play in the amazon and Spotify league where priorities are a bit different.

2 Likes