Roon not recognising "various artists" in search

My media grooming process progressed from within Winamp --> Mediamonkey --> JRiver -->Foobar2000 --> Roon :slight_smile:

To do this you have to be able to recognize the albums. My old player didn’t have any problems with these albums. They just show up correctly as albums there so I cannot recognize them there as being problemstic in Roon so I have to do it via Roon. The only workaround at the moment is to search and tag 1 track albums in Roon. Since I don’t have any singles there a high change it is part of a various artists album. Then copy the directory path to clipboard and from there to a tagger. Can’t batch anything this way. It’s a workaround o.k. but a lot of hassle.

On your storage media, are all the tracks for a given album stored in one subdirectory? If so, it seems like it would be a whole lot easier to take care of this with a third-party tag editor.

Yeah, it would be great to get a better sense of the tags and folder structure here – maybe we can recommend something easier @Sjef_van_de_Ven.

If you want, feel free to upload a few affected albums to Dropbox (or similar) and PM me a link – I can take a look.

Yes, yotally true. But first you have to get there. That’s the whole point

Thanks I’ll do that monday when I’m home

1 Like

It’s gonna have a week delay. I was one day of and it was a nice indian summer over here. Away from home for a week again now.

this worked for me too … thanks for the tip !!