Roon not retrieving TiVo metadata and reviews on new releases (since update 1392)

Content you’re reporting an issue with

Roon not retrieving TiVo metadata and reviews on new releases since update 1392

Have you made any edits to this content in Roon?

No

Is the album identified in Roon?

Yes

Is this content from local files, TIDAL, or Qobuz?

Local files

Screenshots

Description of the issue

I think that there’s an issue with Roon retrieving metadata from TiVo that’s only developed since the last update. I have 3 albums that were added on Friday (4 days ago). AllMusic is showing reviews and genre tags that haven’t updated in to Roon. I’ve tried re-identifying the albums but the data simply isn’t there. Screenshots below.

The review on the Vampire Weekend album is from Wikipedia, not TiVo. TiVo reviews do exist, but Roon isn’t retrieving them for new releases (at least, that’s the case for me!)

@joel - is this related to identification issues detailed on this thread

1 Like

I thought I’d try to re-identify again. Now the server connection appears to be completely down. I’m assuming this is to do with Roon sever issues that @CrystalGipsy talked about in the thread I referenced at the end of my previous post. I can only assume that the last update put added pressure on to the Roon servers. Not a great state of affairs (again!)

This is good on our servers now.

1 Like

Thank you. I’ve re-identified and that’s brought metadata and review scorings in to my library. The TiVo reviews still aren’t there for Jane Weaver and Vampire Weekend, but things often take a day or two to “filter through”.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.