Roon not working with Moon Mind 180

Moon Mind 180 is shown under partners as ‘Roon Ready’. I believe this to be incorrect (please let me know if not as would love to use 180 as Roon Ready device).

It may be by virtue of AirPlay?

It’s Roon Ready Henry that means RAAT.

Are you on the latest firmware for the device? Is the device on the same network subnet as your Roon core? What device is your Roon core running on? If on a PC check that Roon and RAATserver are allowed as exceptions in your firewall.

I’ve just done a quick search on Google. It (predictably) bought me back here. The streaming module is a separate board and you needed to contact Moon about upgrading it to the Mind2. It doesn’t state if it was a hardware or software upgrade or if there was a cost. I did run one of these when I first became a Roon user and sold it when it became obvious there was no immediate plan to make it Roon Ready back then. These still fetch very good money seemingly so they are sought after even though their software was buggy as hell then.

I think you are correct that the 180 would need an update to a Mind 2 card. I know many of the Moon items could be upgraded to Mind 2 years ago but I never saw offer from Moon to be able to update to Mind 2 card for the 180. I was not even aware that the 180 had a ‘card’ in it like the other Moon items that could be updated.

Ahhh! Ok, I just found this: https://www.moremusic.nl/moon/manuals/Upgrading-to-MiND%202.pdf

This shows the 180 can be updated to Mind 2. Still strange that the 180 suddenly appears as Roon Ready. Maybe I am mistaken but I thought it was not listed till this year and the 180 is many years old?