Roon (now part of Harman) is hiring: Test Technician - Roon Ready Certification Program

4 Likes

Hopefully this will impact the apparent backlog on testing devices hoping to be “Roon Ready”.

3 Likes

So based outside of Dallas, it seems Harmans offices are there.

Great job for someone - lots of cool toys to play with (as well as all the technical requirements).

1 Like

hq in stamford ct.

A lot of companies’ RnD are based in Richardson, especially for Telco.

I wish the successful candidate well in this role.

Will Roon/Harman pay to relocate my family. I’m happy to stay in the UK though. :face_with_peeking_eye::rofl:

1 Like

yup… AMX is from Richardson, TX, and Harman bought AMX about a decade ago – the offices/labs/warehouses came with that acquisition and it’s a pretty big office.

1 Like

Good to see you about on the forum @danny

How have you been?

Have you had to move to Dallas?

It’d be good to hear from Roon with any developments planned for this year. A 2.1 maybe?

You are back! :+1: Glad you are around, we have been wondering, but I guess you had much work to do ( and maybe even a vacation :slight_smile: )

1 Like

Dannys Alive!

:wink:

2 Likes

Free Roon lifetime member :joy:?

Company was acquired, and then a few days later, my wife gave birth to identical twin baby girls! 4 girls for me in total now. I sent my buddy a photo and he responded “you’ve had a productive week!”

Anyway, since then, Harman has been a new adventure. It’s a really big company, and the parent company (Samsung) is even bigger. There are a lot of goals from the new overlords, and guidance is required/demanded. They all want a piece of Roon. It’s just been terribly busy.

Harman is a pretty cool company to work for. It’s very flexible on work location, with all the Roon team still staying remote, and new hires being remote. This one position requires the physical location to be Richardson, TX because all the Roon Ready gear has been moved to Richardson. They have a good amount of warehouse and labs space there and staff that can help manage it.

Release numbers will be decided by the marketing team, but there is always a pipeline of stuff… Enno’s post from a few months ago really sets the agenda of the type of stuff we want to accomplish in the short term (<1yr). Right now, the major focus is stability, performance improvements, and bugfixes. Yesterday’s release was an example of that:

For anyone that loves to play with gear, this is the ultimate dream job. They get to see more gear than any other person/company in the world.

13 Likes

That’s wonderful news. Congratulations to you both.

As a father of 7yr old identical twin girls, I know what you face ahead. Double trouble.

Thank you sharing this with us.

All the best,
Lewis

Congratulations! Almost thirty years ago, we had a twin boy and girl, and decided to stop there. Sounds like you’re going to need to change the Tesla. :car: :seat: :seat: :seat: :seat: :seat: :seat:

1 Like

Isn’t it a power of 2 rather than double? :grinning:

1 Like

That would be a nice job to have. Richardson is my home town, lived there for 40 + years. If I was 20 years younger and had the required skills I’d be very happy doing that certification testing and playing with gear I’d never get to see otherwise. .

1 Like