Roon Nucleus One review

For those interested, here is my review of the Nucleus One: https://youtu.be/5Pv8tAfapMU

19 Likes

Nicely done, Hans!

2 Likes

Great review! Thank you very much! Can’t wait for mine to arrive.

Thank you very much @HBz. I always enjoy your objective and unagitated reviews.

Thank you Hans, very informative. :+1:

Do you know if the Nucleus One will be available in The Netherlands? So far, pre-ordering is only possible for US customers.

Excellent, I wanted this anyway, and will definitely get it after such a positive review from a trustworthy source :slightly_smiling_face:

Interesting that Hans’ library is pretty much the same as mine currently running on a NUC10i7

Encouraging

Having 100,000 track can be done comfortably, with me that’s 7,000 albums. Get above it and from time to time the Nucleus One needs to stop for some household jobs.

2 Likes

Is there an advantage to to have this Nucleus versus the Nuc + External SSD that I’m using? What would I be getting for $500 + Internal Storage that I’m not currently getting with my Nuc setup?

it’s silent (very low fan noise) and it’s one box. For the rest it’s the same as a NUC i3, perhaps somewhat more suited for a catalog up to 100,000 tracks.

2 Likes

That can equally be said of my NUC11TNHi7 (with internal library storage SSD fitted) running ROCK (or DietPi linux) so I don’t think that this is an advantage over a relatively modern NUC.

1 Like

That is the essence of my answer

1 Like

I don’t know but I might speak Enno Vandermeer at the Munich High End Show. I’ll ask him.

1 Like

Probably not.

1 Like

Then it’s not for you.

Yes, I have the i7 model. Works quietly, quickly, and reliably. Now, if this Nucleus One came out 6 months ago when I purchased my i7 Nuc…I’d definitely have purchased this Nucleus for the simplicity of the setup, etc.