Roon Nucleus+ Reboot Time

Hi all,
I don’t want to put this in the Support section because I am just trying to get some info. My Nucleus+ seems pretty slow. It sometimes hangs up and spins without loading an artist screen or playing a song. Average is twenty seconds.

I just rebooted my Nucleus+ and stopwatched it. It took seven minutes from reboot button to being able to hit “play” on the only endpoint I have enabled (trying to troubleshoot to see if some endpoints are slowing things up).

I have 119,503 tracks

Anyway, what is your reboot time?

May be RAM ?

I have 150K TRCKS , NUC10i7 , 32Gb RAM , under 2 min last time i timed it

1 Like

10i5 ROCK, 16 GB RAM, 45,000 tracks (about 10,000 local) = I dunno 15 seconds maybe less. Not long enough to notice without a stop watch in any case

1 Like

8i7 ROCK, 32g RAM, 28k tracks - 1 min 10s

Media on internal SSD

Might be worth connecting a screen and see if there are any useful messages during the boot process.

How much memory do you have?

I think Nucleus / ROCK crashes if there isn’t enough memory.

Where do you keep your media library? I wonder if there could be a problem getting to a remote drive?

Roon remotes periodically re-discover the roon core - so if you see a ‘waiting for roon core’ message it can be a network issue.

1 Like

Data point for you, if it helps;

NUC 8i3 8GB RAM
256GB ROCK OS SSD
1TB internal storage HDD
~32,000 tracks

2 mins 40 seconds

1 Like

Thanks everyone for your boot times. Hopefully more will time theirs and post!

I have the stock 8GB RAM.

1 Like

These are all helpful. It it good to see reboot times that aren’t Nucleus but instead NUCs. Please keep posting times!

Any Nucleus owners out there?

I have had a Nucleus+ for several years. I would guess my reboot time has consistently been something like 1 minute.

That said, it has recently gone to 10 - 20 minutes and support has had me send it in for diagnostics and repair.

As reference, my library is around 2k albums and I don’t have roon connected to any streaming services.

1 Like

Any more Nucleus and other NUC owners out there who would like to share their reboot times?

I just rebooted my Nucleus+ Rev B and it took 9 minutes before I could access a track. Can others with Nucleus share their reboot times?

Typically 1 min. to reboot and another 40+ sec. until browsing is possible. All-in-all: approx. 2 min. until I‘m back in operations

How many tracks. Roon boots and loads the db . The bigger the longer but 9 mins is slow

Hello

Blackview MP60 Mini PC here.

Intel Celeron Jasper Lake N5095
16GB DDR4
512GB M.2 2280 SSD
ROCK Version 2.0 (build 1356) earlyaccess
About 10k tracks.

Boot / reboot time is about 20 seconds. Loading and reaction time is pretty much “instant”.

I have a around 121,000 tracks.

Where are your tracks kept? Local or on a network. When Roon Starts it will do a full re-scan of all your files.

That’s a really good point, Daniel. My external HDD is on the network. Do any of you with faster boot times using Nucleus also have your music on an external network drive?