Roon on Linux won't show my internal drive in the file browser

You need to move the cursor with the arrow keys (or mouse if enabled) to where you want to paste.

This Nano Basics Guide may assist and there is some info about moving the cursor here.

I want to thank you guys for the help. Unfortunately, despite doing everyting (I think) the SSD still doen’t show in Roon.
Any more tips?
Thanks

you are looking at /root – go up a folder using the up arrow in roon’s file browser and then going to media, and then music.

Are you sorted now? You should new able to browse to /media/music.

Thanks to all who replied, particularly @Martin_Webster. I can see the SSD now and it is in Roon.
Now I’m having trouble moving my music there. Do both drives have to be mounted to be able to copy files?

1 Like

Do you want to copy from the USB or a network drive?

Since you have Ubuntu desktop you can open a couple of file browsers: one /media/music and the other your USB or a Windows share and then drag (copy) one to the other.

/media/music (your 1TB SSD) is always mounted. The USB will automatically mount under /media/agt when connected, but you should see both drives on your desktop.

If it’s a network drive you should be able to locate this from the file browser too. Look for Network or simikar … I don’t use Ubuntu desktop so I can’t be more precise.

All good now. I’m copying files ATM.
Thanks for the help.

3 Likes