Roon on the Olive ONE player

If you could do that you’d be better off installing Roon Bridge on the device.

From here it comes down do architectural compatibility and gaining root access.

Right-
Roon bridge is really all that’s needed. Sounds like they have root, but not the right software version.

Hi!

Since i also own an OliveOne would it be possible to share the root pwd by PM or email?

I also did my own kernels on the SBT to support 192kHZ USB DACs which were not supported :slight_smile:

Thanks and best regards,

Armin

We have developed a new application for the Sonicorbiter operating system that will facilitate using Roon Server with the Olive One and other DLNA/UPNP devices.

Click here for more information on the SonoreUPnP Bridge application:

SONORE computer audio - Rendu | microRendu | Sonicorbiter SE

1 Like

Can you help me with install airplay on Olive One? Thanks

Hi Kirin,

Your post was flagged off-topic because this thread is about using Roon on an Olive One, not AirPlay.

Mods have left it up in this thread, however, because it is the only thread about Olive One on the board, meaning that anyone who knows is more likely to see it here. It is, however, three years since the last discussion on this thread.

I suspect that you may not get an answer here and would suggest searching online for a more current discussion of the Olive One.

Hello

How can I get the user and password for my Olive One player?

If you mean your Roon user and password then you should go to your account page. Go to Roonlabs.com , then select Account in the top right, and go through the “lost password” process.

If you mean some password specific to the Olive One, like for setting etc, then, perhaps the Olive One support pages might help.

I think he wants to get into the OS of the Olive streamer.

@anon82739493 can you help?

I have no Olive One, only an old Olive Symphony (aka Hermstedt Hifidelio), so I cannot test it.
Here are some info how to ssh into Olive players:

https://www.lydo.nl/olive/ssh-to-olive/

Maybe it works with the Olive One as well.

1 Like

I located this:

https://www.avsforum.com/threads/official-olive-thread-opus-4-opus-6-melody-2-olive-2-olive-4-4hd-06hd.1091695/page-115

it is easy to enable the SSH-connection on the Olive, which is not up by default.

Link: http://10.1.1.36/builtDhtmlx.php

replace 10.1.1.36 with the address of your Olive.

It asks for a user name: olive

It asks for a password: e4v1i5l9o

It will say: command command run successfully

Now you can use PuttY, and the like, as PSCP (PuTTY Secure Copy).
PSCP -rp root@10.1.1.36:/data target

Again, replace 10.1.1.36 with the address of your Olive. The target is up to you, it’s where you want the data to land. The /data map is the map on the Olive where all the music is to be found, plus the zDB database in which all the metadata is kept.

It will ask for the root password: tj270442

1 Like

Hello,

I’m new to Roon and have an Olive One at home. Have someone succeeded in implementing Roon on Olive One, and if yes would it be possible to get a step by step explanation on how to do it for a non-expert?

Kind regards,
Cédric

What are you looking for? I can’t help with the detail but it will only be possible to put Roon Bridge software on to the machine assuming you can get root access.

Hi,

I forgot to mention I have no expertise in Linux, that’s why I’m looking for a step by step guide. My intention is to be able to see the Olive One device as a player in Roon. I thought based on the above list of posts that maybe someone succeeded in this and could share details about the process for someone with no experience like me.

I’m not sure of a guide but you can try messaging someone who has got this working or found info like the root password.