Roon OS woes, build 1.0.221 [resolved]

Thanks to the Roon team for first-aid advice but for those of us with a Nucleus, it was disconcerting to have to get under the hood!!

4 Likes

The fact that you only have 5 people on your QA team explains a lot about the horrible quality of your product.

Completely uncalled for post.

What did you accomplish by your display of peevishness?

4 Likes

Name one consumer audio software company that has more QA staff. I encourage you to find out how many dedicated QA staff is involved for Audirvana (which Roon users occasionally compare Roon to). You may be surprised. (Audirvana is another very fine piece of software, despite the limited resources they have).

Roon Labs have indeed offered super quick resolution on this matter and should be commended.

If you want a 50-person QA team, are you willing to pay 10 times the subscription price?

5 Likes

After recovery when error first occurred, all was ok with the exception of my “Recent” section, it was empty… I downloaded the latest ROCK just now and executed a new recovery. After successful recovery I was prompted to update ROCK. I did that. All is well again. Thank you for your kind attention.

I understand that these things can happen and appreciate the clear guidance to the fix. However, I think it would have been nice to see some hint of an apology - I had not intended to spend my Sunday fixing a broken Roon Server

3 Likes

3 posts were split to a new topic: Never got to try Roon due to 1.0.221