Roon package for Synology doesn't upload correctly in Safari from Mac

Hello all, I tried several times to install the Roon Core on my Synology NAS (DS-1812+), while logged into the NAS from a Mac (MacOS 10.13.2) using Safari (11.0.2). Every attempt to upload the SPK package to the Package Center on the NAS failed with a completely non-descript ‘operation failed’. This got quite frustrating.

Then I decided to try and log into the NAS from a Windows virtual machine with Firefox, and the exact same SPK file uploaded and installed fine! Apparently the browser matters.

Just leaving this here, should other users ever run into this problem.

Regards
Friso

Just installed it without issues with macOS 10.13.2 and Safari 11.0.2.

That’s interesting. :slight_smile: I just replicated the issue with another SPK (for Resilio Sync). Downloaded SPK with Safari, stored file on Mac SSD, logged into NAS as admin, tried to upload package from Safari -> ‘Operation Failed’. Started Windows virtual machine in VMWare, logged into NAS as admin with Firefox, tried to upload package (the exact same file from the Mac SSD) -> success. Any theory as to what might be problem?

Regards
Friso

Could it be some kind of safari extension or setting that is interfering with the DSM administration?
You could try to temporarily create a new macOS user and check if the same thing happens with an untouched safari.