ROON painfully slow after update with large library sizes [Roon Investigating]

Hi @Bernd_Ruths1,

I’m glad we have retained your faith in Roon and we appreciate your candor as well. For those of you just joining this thread, rest assured we’re investigating these reports.

I don’t have a more precise update at this time, unfortunately. What we can confirm is that the issue is a) related to databases containing roughly 700k tracks or more, although hugely dependent on the breakdown of file quality and b) emerged roughly around the shift to Roon 2.0.

Our goal as a support team is to maintain playback and a positive UI experience until we can diagnose what’s really happening here. Towards that end, please continue to post here if symptoms change, and I will do my part to provide and amplify and function workarounds in the meantime.

@Elling_Jacobsen and @feimei_liu, there’s a chance given your respective database sizes that you’re encountering a different issue. We’ll investigate and follow up in the thread over here you’ve both started: Roon ARC making Roon extremely sluggish? - #2 by wizardofoz

2 Likes