Roon permanently scanning

My Roon set up seems to be permanently scanning.

I updated ROCK 8 hours ago as it was running slowly. It’s just finished a first scan (17,000 albums) and its just started another scan immediately.

Trying to play any music whilst this is going on ends up with the endpoint dropping after one or two minutes. This happens on both DSF and PCM to different Meridian endpoints.

Any thoughts?

CAn you describe where your music is stored and how Roon is pointed to it. i.e. local drive, connected usb, via ethernet to a NAS ( make, model, etc etc)

Ethernet to QNAP TS-851 NAS on fixed IP.

Hi @dpstjp ---- Thank you for the report and sharing your feedback with us. The insight is appreciated and sorry to hear of the troubles.

Moving forward, I wanted to touch base and see if any new observations/progress has been made in regard to the mentioned behavior. Additionally, I have also enabled diagnostics on your account so we can take a closer look into this behavior. The next time Roon is active on your core machine a diagnostics report containing a set of Roon logs will automatically be generated/uploaded directly to our servers.

Once the report comes in, I will be sure to confirm that we have it.

-Eric

UPDATE: Looks like the report has come in already :microscope:

Cool. Roon seems to have settled down now, but it was very frustrating not to be able to play music whilst it was scanning and rescanning again. If it happens again I’ll repost.

It would be great if there was an option to stop Roon scanning once it has started, or to be able to instruct Roon to scan at times I’m not likely to want to play any music.

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: Roon does not display cover art on Macbook Pro