Roon Port Help Needed for Roon ARC access

Hi, I am unable to use Roon ARC since the beginning:
The error message I am getting currently is:
{
“connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:504,“error”:“error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“49.aaa.bbb.ccc”,“router_external_ip”:“null”},
“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”}
}

I am using the following connection:

• Jio Fiber Net Device.
  • connected wirelessly to a TP Link Extender RE450
  • Lan Cable from RE450 to Intel NUC that has Roon Server on it.

I enabled UPNP on my Jio Fiber Net login page however it didn’t change anything for me.

I then spoke to my ISP, and they told me that they only have below available ports which can be opened.
They don’t have 10000-65000 on their side.

Ports Available from ISP:

Can someone please guide me so I can find a way to use ARC. I feel it can be very helpful while travelling.

Best Regards,
Varun Khanna

Have you read this:

Yes buddy, I have. Not able to figure out. Tried a lot but not able to get through.

Hi @Varun_Khanna,

I think ARC won’t work for you. As far as i know, Roon Arc supports only ports in the range of 10000-65000.

I hope i’m wrong, maybe another community member knows more.

Kind regards,

Maarten.

Thanks Marteen. So unless I change my ISP there is no way I can run ARC? Hmm

Hi @Varun_Khanna,

As far as i know that’s correct. Maybe @support could tell us more.

Kind regards,

Maarten.

Hi @Varun_Khanna,

I can confirm that what @Maarten_Duits said is correct. The supported port range is quite broad and I’m surprised at the few ports your ISP has opened for such an application. This is quite far from the norm!

My only suggestion is to look at some of the posts surrounding VPNs in getting around various issues. This might be an option for you. We don’t want to suggest an ISP change in most situations because of the complete PAIN such a change can bring! However, if it’s an option for you it might be the fix-all.

Wes

1 Like

So… Roon has to use > 10k port fine.

Would it support a manual port forward something like:
Roon:55000
Internet:2526?

Any router should support mismatched external and internal port mappings. Or would that break discovery?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.