Roon Radio 1.6 Feedback Thread

I had my first encounter with the Roon Radio 1.6 earlier this week and like the result. It found Tidal tracks that paired nicely with what I’d been playing, Nguyen Le, a Vietnamese jazz guitarist who boldly mixes traditional rhythms and melodies with western post-bop fusion jazz. That’s a pretty heady mix of attributes to use as selection criteria but Radio 1.6 did nicely and found several Tidal artists unknown to me!

There’s a easter egg in the queue view. If you scroll it backward past now playing, it starts pulling in history. I’d not noticed that before but it is a nice feature. History lets you see what Radio has played so you can track down a title at your convenience.

iPad Roon Controller 1.6 does seem a bit less stable. There are times when it is unresponsive but this may be related to iPad not liking its cover. Occasionally, I have to kill and restart the controller.

Everything has been good otherwise. Roon server is on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS and music is on FreeNAS 11.2 shared via CIFS.

1 Like