Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Roon ROCK 1.7 build 521 running on Intel NUC
Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
ROCK through Sonore UPnP Bridge to Naim NDS. All devices hardwired ethernet (no wifi anywhere in the signal chain). Roon connected to library on Synology NAS and also logged into TIDAL. Eero mesh router.
Description Of Issue
My Roon radio is giving me an error: “unexpected error: limiting roon radio to library”. It was working properly yesterday, and I have made no changes to any settings anywhere in the system. I have researched this issue on this site and done the suggested fixes (restarted my router, restarted ROCK, disconnected and reconnected to TIDAL). I have also double checked to make sure the slider for “limit roon radio to library” is OFF.
Also per suggestion of a prior post, I searched for and started Roon Radio on The Beatles Abbey Road, but the same issue occurred. It stated “Roon Radio: Nothing similar to play!”
Not sure if a timestamp will be of use at this time if you haven’t turned on logging, but this occurred at 1308 hrs Pacific Standard Time.
Thank you for your help.
I’m am also having this issue all day since about the 1300 on Roon ROCK 1.7 build 521 running on Intel NUC.
NUC Ethernet. iPad Pro remote. Happens with iPhone remote too. I also did all the suggested fixes with no resolution. Thanks.
Thanks for the report, @Laertes — The team is looking into this now. Apologies for the trouble!
RoonServer_Synology_x86_64_2018-03-07 (Synology DS415+ uptodate)
Local FLAC/HiRes-Libary on Synology DS415+ NAS (uptodate), latest RoonServer_Synology_x86_64_2018-03-07 installed, Qobuz -Acount (re-loggedin), T+A MP 2500 R (uptodate), 1 GB Network (AVM Fritz!Box 7590 uptodate), all devices connected by ethernet and restarted.
After a few days of plain working, now error ‘Nothing similar to play’ activating Roon radio. Errors ‘Nothing similar to play’ and Unexpected error - limited to local… appears after a few seconds on every device Windows 10/Androids. Relogins and restarting devices didn’t change anything. Really frustrating…
The team resolved an issue and it looks like things have returned to normal. If you continue to see any issues please let us know, but things should be working now. Apologies again for the trouble!
This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.