Roon Radio on iOS Roon Remote app doesn't appear to allow "thumbs-up/down" for current song, only the NEXT song

Roon Core Machine

Host: Inspiron 7560 
Kernel: 5.19.16-76051916-generic 
CPU: Intel i7-7500U (4) @ 3.500GHz 
Memory: 2932MiB / 15899MiB

Networking Gear & Setup Details

WiFi connection from core to all remotes/bridges

Connected Audio Devices

USB DAC → amplifier
USB Dock → headphones

Number of Tracks in Library

2,206 tracks in library

Description of Issue

Apologies if this is covered in another topic. I didn’t see one. I’m a bit confused regarding the layout of the Roon Radio controls in the iOS app (iphone).

On the iPad app, there’s a way to Like or Dislike the current song, but that option is only available for the next song in the Radio queue. I’m wondering if that is a defect?

The screenshot shows the “Queue” section of the iPhone app. There is the currently playing song and a song I queued with the thumbs-up button. Why doesn’t that control the current song?

1 Like

Perhaps this needs to be under the feature request heading, but yes, this is a feature that has been there since the start of roon radio and seens very counterintuitive. I mean, one of the things I use radio for is to discover new music since a lot of the songs are new to me. There’s a better than not chance that I won’t know the next song and therefore have no opinion on whether to give it a thumbs up or down. The current song is where this makes more sense, much like Pandora does. You can skip to the next song and roon will ask you why you skipped with optional answers including ‘I don’t like this song’, but I’m not sure it has the same effect as a thumbs down for the next song.

Thanks - I’ve been using Roon for ~8 months so I wasn’t sure whether this has always been the case.

I agree that it’s quite counterintuitive, given the iPad app (and the desktop app) both give you control over the current song. My line of thinking is the same as yours — I have no idea what the upcoming song sounds like!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.