Roon Radio, Tidal source preference

I’m hoping this functionality exists and I’m not aware of it (I’ve searched and looked at the knowledge base to no avail) so consider it an enhancement request if Roon doesn’t already do this.

I’m a Tidal subscriber. My personal library of tracks is reasonably large (about 45K tracks) composed of various genres. I use Tidal, and Spotify, mostly for music discovery.

I know that if you play a particular track/album/etc that Roon radio will play “similar” tracks when that one ends but have found that it mostly selects tracks from my library. It would be nice if it had a setting that allowed you to choose a range from 0 (my library only) to 10 (Tidal only) for selecting new tracks to play.

An additional enhancement to this idea would be another setting for how “adventurous” Roon is in selecting those tracks i.e., if I have the above setting on 8 so that it would mostly prefer Tidal and I play a progressive rock track as the starter for Radio it would play predominantly prog rock tracks but occasionally step outside the genre to techno, rap, etc.

If there’s already a way to do this I’d appreciate info on how, otherwise consider it an enhancement request.

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Roon Radio using Tidal