Roon rapidly cycling through album tracks and not playing [Resolved]

Hi,

Just got home from work and decided to play some music. Launched the Roon App on my iPhone and proceeded to select a playlist. But on initiating playback, all tracks got less than 0.5 seconds ‘airtime’ (about a third of a second) and no sound was heard. Weird!

So, I tried playing an individual track outside of a playlist or album and I briefly (sub-second again) see the attempt at playback (pause button) before Roon reverts to a greyed out Play button.

Rebooted the Sonictransporter, relaunched Roon. Neither action solved the issue.

Any ideas, guys? I’m totally stumped by this.

System:
Sonictransporter i7 Roon Edition (Sonicorbiter ‘Linux’ OS), Roon Server at latest 1.4 version.
Sonore MicroRendu HW v1.4, SW 2.5.
Wired Ethernet.
Power Supplies: HDPlex 19V for ST i7, Meanwell SMPS-fed Uptone LPS-1 for MicroRendu.

Hi,

Try rebooting the MicroRendu and DAC.

MicroRendu rebooted via webpage. No effect.
Depower/repower of SU-1 and Holo Spring L1 DAC had no effect.
Strangely, I could get Roon to work as a Squeezelite UPNP Bridge into a Streamer (something I’ve not managed before!), and this made me revisit the microRendu. I removed the d.c. input cable from the LPS-1 then connected the 7.5V Meanwell Supply instead. MicroRendu rebooted and bingo - I could play music via the mR once again.

I’ve since reconected the LPS-1 and all continues to behave so far. I’d love to know what caused the issue in the first place, and I’ll be keeping a close eye on the LPS-1 as I’m wondering if that has been wavering (despite a constantly green LED).

So Carl, your suggestion was helpful and coincided with my thought process. I bought an ST i7 because I wanted ‘plug n play’ simplicity. Maybe there’s no such thing in this hobby! Cheers.

2 Likes