Roon Ready Certification

I understand that, but you are telling future users that some of the devices won’t work with Roon but you don’t tell which ones…

Hello @Stephen_Seay,

If you didn’t catch it, I addressed your concerns about Roon’s communication with partners in a previous thread:

-John

But who read the original post

It has been modified since I read it to clarify things

It’s not how it originally read !! That’s what started the hares running

I think this should be played the other way round… we should expect Roon to keep their list of Roon-Ready certified devices updated, and this is where we should be able to authoritatively look up if a device we are planning to buy is or is not Roon-Ready. We already know that hardware manufacturers tend to make false claims.

1 Like

You might consider adding a statement about this to the official announcement post. As it otherwise seems like you are giving people only two weeks notice, which probably contributes to some of the ire directed at Roon in response to this announcement.

I have an Allo Usbridge sig running Ropieee. If it is disabled after the 21st will I be in trouble?

Excellent question.

You should read the amended post.

Does Allo specify that it is ‘Roon Ready’?

If not, then no problem.

My NAD M10 will be affected as uncertified and I will have to kick NAD‘s a**, as they always said that it will work with Roon (as it does most of the time) and certification is just pending.

Concerning their new M33, NAD‘s CTO Greg Stidsen stated in an online Product launch-webinar on the „stereophile“ website, that the M33 will just work fine with Roon even without certification!

So, take care and DO NOT BUY THE $5000 M33!

It will not work as an roon endpoint as long as it is not certified.

Hello @Andreas_Philipp1,

All currently certified devices are listed on the Partners page on our website:

-John

It’s basic communication fail here. You cannot say things like that. If the affected devices are very few than put a list of what will work amd what’s not.

I also want to point out that not all subscribers are native English speakers so when making announcements you must be as clear as possible and make it from a communication driven person and not a technician.

Roon still acts like with a start up mentality but given that they have more than 100k subs, to me is not so tiny anymore and you should adapt both your customer experience and communication.

End of the story

1 Like

I believe that enforcing the certification step for “Roon Ready” certified equipment is a good and long overdue investment in the credibility of the certification process and in the long run for the benefit of all (Roon Labs its partners and the customers (us)).

8 Likes

In the end, this move by Roon could be helpful in supporting the efforts of people whose devices remain uncertified, although clearly there may be some hardship in the meantime.

1 Like

Is it advertised as being ‘Roon Ready’?

If not, then there’s no problem.

1 Like

This is surely a 2 way street though.

I know of one company who recently informed one of their customers that they were waiting for Roon to certify their product after having apparently complied with everything that Roon had asked of them. Be interesting to see if that product becomes Certified before the 21st!

We do indeed a list

1 Like

@john, yes I know that. I only would wish you were very diligent with maintaining and updating this list. And because there is the list of the positively certified devices, there is no need to list the manufacturers or devices affected by today’s announcement, as asked for by some users on this thread.

1 Like

Yes, if it says “Roon Ready - Uncertified”

Hello @Andreas_Philipp1,

One of the features of the new website is that the Partners page is automatically kept in-sync with our in-app certification status.

-John

2 Likes

Yes, this device seems to fall right in the (un)sweet spot for what Roon is proposing, IMHO.