Roon ready DAPs

Great to hear about the M11 plus but Google store to me is not really a plus. It adds complexity and a security risk and I don’t understand the trainer because the best way to listen is of course Roon.

I had an M 11 Pro and found it, had an excellent neutral tuning, I can imagine the M 11+ sounds excellent and is certainly going to be found cheaper than most A K models.

In my experience though the AK se200 is big upgrade sound wise over the fiio’s I’ve heard. Now, is it worth double the price? I have to admit definitely not that large of a difference, but that’s why we’re in this hobby.

Is the parametric EQ on the Fiio DAPs global? i.e. does it work with ARC? I have seen that DSP/EQ is on the roadmap for Roon ARC, but in the meantime I’m looking for workarounds.

I have a Qudelix 5k that works with my IEMs over bluetooth, but recently it has stopped working with ARC’s Beta “USB Driver.” Also, I have a pair of Focal Bathys that I would like to Harman tune on-the-go. Wavelet and PowerAMP don’t work with Tidal, and USBAPP only works with wired DACs. For now I am plugging my Bathys into the Qudelix to use its EQ, but that defeats the purpose of them being wireless.

It is not.

Wavelet, which you’re already familiar with, does work with ARC on the Roon Ready FiiO DAPs. When I use ARC, I use Wavelet for AutoEQ (with a model for my IEMs) and for L/R channel adjustment to compensate for a hearing difference between my ears. I’d prefer Roon’s full DSP/convolution options but Wavelet is a decent stopgap.

1 Like

Ahh, thank you. I tried Wavelet previously but gave up rather quickly. After your comment, I spent more time to give it the dump permissions and figure out how to convert my parametric txt files to graphical txt files. It’s now working with both Tidal and ARC. Thanks, this will be a good workaround. I still may want the m11+ so I can have a Roon-enabled headphone amp anywhere around the house.

1 Like

You’re welcome!

On the M11 Plus, you don’t need to grant DUMP permissions if you are willing to forego automatic session detection. This means that you need to manually launch Wavelet and tap what looks like a power button at the bottom center of the screen before playing anything. The interface is confusing at best but it does work without DUMP - at least on the FiiO Roon Ready DAPs.

In case you missed it, FiiO announced the M15S yesterday. Some info here:

1 Like