Roon Recovery 1.8 Legacy

Hi, please help me! On the new NUС 11TNHxx I need to install legacy 1.8, the backups remain, how to do it. If I put in an internal drive from an old NUC, it doesn’t need to be formatted, will the music remain? And whether the music is identified after restoring from a backup copy of the database.
:thinking:

I don’t think you could install Roon 1.8 Legacy on NUC11 since Roon installer that works for NUC11 comes with Roon 2.0 and it is not downgradable to 1.8. I’ve tried that and it would not allow me to downgrade to Roon 1.8. If Roon allows it now, that would be great. I would like to know the solution to your problem as well since I stay on Roon 1.8 and someday I might be in this situation as well. So far, I have a backup NUC and a backup SSD. But, someday, they could go down as well.

I could be wrong, but I don’t think it’s possible to install Rock 1.8 Legacy on NUCs that have UEFI bios.

NUC 11 is UEFI.

Good question. However, RoonOS is the part that is responsible for UEFI support, while it’s the RoonServer that is 1.8 or 2.0. I wonder if it’s possible to install with Roon 2.0 to get RoonOS 254, then downgrade only the RoonServer to 1.8 ???

@Vadim_Lvov you need to download and install a special file roon-production 1x.bin to your ROCK/NUC. See the article for the instructions a a link to the file.

1 Like

I did not know that the Migration FAQ was updated. It works. Thank you.

I did that just now. I used the following file roonbox-linuxx64-nuc4-usb-factoryreset.img and created a USB installer using BalenaEtcher.

I set UEFI Boot, but disabled Secure Boot. Booted from the USB and it came with RoonOS 254 but Roon 2.0.

I then copied roon-production1x.bin file to /Data/Reinstall and clicked Reinstall and it reinstalled Roon 1.8 Legacy on top of Roon OS 254 which supports EUFI.

Good luck and let us know if you still have any difficulty.

Best regards.

Hogio

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.