Roon refuses to use my metadata tags, insists on tags from first file in directory

I have some files where Roon absolutely refuses to sometimes use the tags in the file.

Instead, it insists on using SOME of the tags in my file, but some of the tags from the first file in the directory. I have put a bunch of different songs from different artists into a single directory, and Roon thinks that means it can ignore my file metadata.

How do I stop this? I have set every single option under Import Settings to “Prefer file”, but it doesn’t work, it’s still using the artists/album name from the first file it finds. Even more frustrating, it only does this for some files, but not all of them.

Moved to support metadata.

I have this same problem. Roon adding stuff into my metadata. I have gone in and removed stuff which has become time consuming. Non of my unidentified albums has this issue. However, there is no way for you to make albums unidentified in bulk…

1 Like

Well, it finally fixed itself, I have no idea how. It’s possible Roon got extremely confused because I was using an external drive, which I sometimes attach to my laptop directly, and sometimes to another server and do file sharing. But now it’s ok even if I switch back and forth.

Very confusing.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

I’m glad that things are working for you now! Please feel free to reach out if you ever have any other questions or issues. Happy listening :headphones:

1 Like