Roon remote in Apple iMac

What Roon software do I need to install in my iMac (12.7.4) to access remotely my roon server(innuos) running 1.8?
Thanks
Vnunes

The 1.8 version. Download links are here:

Note that the main reason to use 1.8, its ability to work without internet for a limited time, is now possible with 2.0 again, anyway

Thanks for the extensive description of the advantages of 2.0 over 1.8 (legacy). I have 1.8 on an Innuos server (could be considered a NAS) and I control the listening with an iPad. It is mentioned that I can also do it from an Apple desktop (below). But there is no Roon remote software in the Apple store. What software do I need to install on the desktop to perform the same operations that I currently perform with the iPad?

Apple computers run MacOS. You can’t run the IOS apps there, you need to install the full Roon software from the Roon downloads site. Since you are running Roon 1.8, that is what you would need to install or update everything to Roon 2.0. At this point, there is no reason to be on Roon 1.8 unless your hardware will not run Roon 2.0.

Roon isn’t in the Mac App Store:

Thank you for the advice.

Now is working. Thanks for your help and I will consider the migration to 2.0 later.

1 Like