Roon Remote in my Arch Linux PC

Hye , I already remote My ROCK from my iPhone iPad and Android Smartphone .
Is it possible to remote ROCK from my ArchLinux PC and wich Roon Remote Software can I download and install in my Linux PC ?

Thank you for your quick answer
The way of doing a roon remote in Arch with wine is not easy at all .
I have always been scared by wine insralled in linux
And the reason is because wine is a windows emulator
And the reason why I came to linux is to escape from windows .

I’m just going to copy the description because “Wine (originally an acronym for “Wine Is Not an Emulator”) is a compatibility layer capable of running Windows applications on several POSIX-compliant operating systems, such as Linux, macOS, & BSD. Instead of simulating internal Windows logic like a virtual machine or emulator, Wine translates Windows API calls into POSIX calls on-the-fly, eliminating the performance and memory penalties of other methods and allowing you to cleanly integrate Windows applications into your desktop.”

I don’t like windows , and that’s why I’m mainly on Linux
wich is an open system
The only proprietary OS I can support is Mac OS
because they’re so creative and well finished

Well just FYI… There is nothing Windows operating when you run WINE. " Instead of simulating internal Windows logic like a virtual machine or emulator, Wine translates Windows API calls into POSIX calls on-the-fly, eliminating the performance and memory penalties of other methods and allowing you to cleanly integrate Windows applications into your desktop." What this does is it translates the Windows APIs so you can run applications build in a .EXE binary. In some instances this is just a less efficient way of running something like a shell file such as .sh files.

What I’ve never liked in Linux applications ?
In fact two applis …
Wine and Virtualbox
Sorry

I refuse to install wine on my arch boxes and use the web plugin in the tinkering section.

The dev is responsive and it works well for me, but as roon don’t offer a comprehensive api, alot of the settings etc still have to be set in an official app.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.