Roon Remote Issues, Mine

Problem solved…embarrassed as I am I thought I would come clean. Sometimes the simplest things are the issue. I kept thinking about what could cause this. I think it did not occur to me sooner as I misconstrued processes that likely have different mechanisms. I come to Roon from JRiver MC, and used their JRemote program to access the JRiver app remotely from my listening position without issues for several years. Before integrating Qobuz into JRiver I used Chrome Cast to take over the desktop to control Qobuz. So I thought, wireless is wireless, the problem must lay elsewhere. WRONG! I went into my Network settings and found that the laptop Roon was installed on was running in Public mode, once I switched it to Private Mode the Roon Remote app immediately found the core and worked instantly. I hate it when I run across technical issues on forums that just end with mystery unresolved. So rather than leave one of those in my wake I thought it best to fess up to my oversight. Appreciate everyone’s assistance as it kept me thinking. Happy holidays to all.

5 Likes