Roon Remote on Chromebook Pro Android cannot find Roon Rock Core

I have a newer Acer spin with latest Chrome OS and updates and Roon will not connect.
Roon stated they do not support Chrome and have no plans to do so. I just gave my Chromebook away since I bought it to run Android version of Roon remote but no go.

@Frank_Palm That’s too bad. Do you remember where you saw that statement from Roon? I haven’t been able to find it.

I would think it makes sense to work on Chrome OS support, for the long run at least, since the Chrome OS market share is definitely growing (although perhaps not among audiophiles / Roon users?). Even Firo OS is already supported.

Really need to fix this issue with Chromebooks…a lot of folks have them and this shoudl really have been fixed by now. Controlling via a phone is not ideal due to the smaller screen.

1 Like

When I asked about Chromebooks a year ago the reply was it was not a priority so I gave up.
@support Would like to see it happen as Roon is such a great product.

Hello All,

There have not been any changes to the status of Chromebook since my last message and since Chromebook is not currently a supported platform, I have shifted this thread over to the #roon:feature-requests section of this site.

Our product team keeps an eye on the feature request category for ideas where to take Roon next, so we appreciate the feedback here!

Hey guys, I found out that when you open Roon Remote on a Chromebook, it is not able to find the core. But if you click ‘help’ you can fill in the IP of where the core is manually. And then it simply connects and everything works fine!

I have two Chromebooks and it works perfectly on both.

2 Likes

Thank you! This worked for me.

1 Like

I re-booted by Chromebook and tried the Roon app and this time it connected. Did not have to put in the IP.