Roon Remote on Linux

Hi Roon community,

I have recently subscribed for one year to Roon to find out if I want a lifetime membership. I installed Roon Server on my Synology DS918+ NAS (ssd drive for the roon database, and 3 hhd drives for data such as music). I use Ropieee as Roon endpoint on my raspberry pi with a dedicated dac (kali reclocker+ allo piano 2.1). And I am using the Android app as the user interface. So far I am pretty impressed.

I use a linux desktop (ubuntu 18.04) on my laptop as my daily OS in both my private and professional life. Unfortunately I have not found a way to navigate and start/stop music with a linux based player for Roon. The only way to operate Roon is via my mobile phone. Although the Android app works fine for me, I really miss the option to control my music from my laptop/PC. Is there any roon player/UI available for linux? The native application is only for Windows and Mac.

Are there any plans for Roon playback supporting linux? I would be fine with a web- or browser-based implementation similar to Tidal (not the full features such as master quality playback, but still OK).

24 posts were merged into an existing topic: Linux Roon Control GUI Please