Roon remote on Mac OS

Just took delivery of a new Macbook Pro from my work.
Tried to download Roon Remote, but get a message saying ‘This app is only available on the App Store for iPhone and iPad’.
I’m sure on my last computer I had Roon Remote running with no problem.
I’m running 10.5.7 Catalina.
Is there a new version coming that will work on Mac OS again?

No, Remote never was available for MacOS. It’s designed for smartphones and tablets. To have Remote functionality on MacOS, simply install the ‘Roon’ package on your new Mac.

4 Likes

It slowly moving in that direction, with new Mac OS and new Apple’s silicon, we’ll be able to run all of iPad/iPhone apps on laptop/desktop computers.
For now full Roon package is the way.

Yesterday I installed my old iMac (late 2012) that had been in storage for 5 years… I updated Mac OS from 10.10 to 10.15.7 and updated core software, then installed Roon as Remote and I must day that it works beautifully. Roon is fast, faster than on a Macbook I used until now, and I’ve not seen yet problems with CPU or GPU use. All is well!

1 Like

This is so weird guys, when I look in the app store on my MacBook Pro, I see no results for Roon at all. And if I click on Apple OS download on Roon website, I get the ‘only for iPad/iPhone’ message.
Am I missing something? I definitely had Roon on my old MacBook - not sure why this has changed now - and why no-one else has had the same problem…
Mike

OK. The link from @Andreas_Philipp1 would not open. But I entered the address manually, and the dmg file dowloaded and all is well. (Thanks Andreas!)
But really weird, it’s as if Apple is blocking Roon…wait. Could that be a thing? More than suspicious.

Just checked… on my iMac (Mac OS 10.15.7) it works… I am asked if I wish to allow downloads from ‘community.roonlabs.com’, and acknowledging this the file is downloaded.

BTW, I don’t think Roon is available on the Mac App Store. I have always downloaded directly from Roonlab’s web site.

2 Likes