Roon ROCK Installation Question [resolved]

I have been trying to load ROCK onto my i7 NUC and have been having problems with the NUC recognizing the USB drive when attempting to boot from the flashed USB. I prepped the USB via Etcher, used a huge USB stick, and when the device was finished flashing the 128 Gb USB was reduced down to peanuts but with two partitioned volumes (1) an E: drive called CUSTOM_ROON with an empty folder named “identity” and a roon.tar file, and (2) an F: drive named "USB Drive (F:), again with no contents. When I boot from the USB (or when I attempt to), I get a message error saying: “Remove disk or other media press any key to restart.” I am stuck at this point. Help would be appreciated as I am not natively fluent in troubleshooting computer issues such as this.

your e/f situation is normal and good.

did you hold down F10 on bootup, to boot from USB?

Yes, I have done that and I get the message: “Remove disks or other media. Press any key to restart.” I then press “any key” and I get the message: “Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key.” Since the USB stick is already in, I therefore press a key on the keyboard and I get the 1st message again: “Remove disks or other media. Press any key to restart.” This happens over and over and over without end. The only way out is for me to power off the NUC, and restart it holding F10. When I do that, I am taken to the following grey-screened menu:

Boot Menu.

Please select boot devices:
ForceMP500: PART 0: Boot Drive
SATA: PORT 0: Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB
USB: Corsair Flash Voyager 1100: PART 0: Boot Drive

I highlight and select the USB drive as the boot drive, and again begin the loop I mentioned above… “Remove disks or other media…” etc etc.

Any suggestions?

re-download the image, reflash the usb drive (or use a different one). It sounds like something went bad in your flashing.

That worked! Thanks for the help.