Roon Rock on Nuc, very positive experience

I did buy A nuc10i3fnh. I installed Rock on it. It works fantastic. Did forget to install ffmpeg for playing radio. But did fix it.
Roon runs very smoothly on Rock, data base connected by qnap NAS, audio output to fiio5Kpro. I am very sattisfied with this sollution. Rock connects every audio device I have, fantastic.

9 Likes

Enjoy your music! :slightly_smiling_face:

Good to know. I received my NUC, ram, and M.2 drive today so will be setting it all hopefully on Friday.

Enjoy!

After being inspired by the latest Darko video, I just set up my new NUC with ROCK today (NUC10i7FNH) with M.2 256GB and 16GB RAM.
Lightning fast, so very impressed.
Moved from a 2018 i3 Mac mini. Nice speed bump, not that the Mac was a slouch but the NUC is very, very quick

1 Like

Same here. Easy install, lightning fast. You may want to go to advanced power settings so it powers up when AC restored after power failure. BIOS defaults to no power up.

Me too :grinning:. Just set up a NUC today. NUC10i3FNH with 16GB RAM, 250GB Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 SSD and 500GB Samsung 870 EVO SATA 2.5” SSD for internal storage. After a bit of figuring out the BIOS updates it was a very positive experience. Performance is snappy and everything is so far performing flawlessly (touch wood!).

Same. I have built 2x NUC10i3FNH ROCKs and both were very straightforward, work great and upgraded to V1.8 without issues.

1 Like