Roon ROCK Server Dashboard in Home Assistant

To explain, I originally posted this image in this thread around the shutdown, startup (via Wake On Lan, which is also possible with Home Assistant) and power consumption of the Roon server. I just wanted to show that there is a relatively simple way to do this and also show some information, especially if you already have Home Assistant installed.
Also you can see the relation between active and passive usage of the Roon server by power consumption and played zones.
Additionally, this view provides information for possible support requests.

Another topic was environmental protection (power consumption), which I take very seriously. To this I would like to say: choose an electricity provider that gets electricity from renewable sources and you don’t have to worry about the Roon server running 24/7 and also consuming electricity when it is not really used.
In my opinion, it is better for the life of the hardware if it always has a consistent temperature. Therefore, it may be better to use a little more power than to buy new hardware every two years.
To give an example: A friend of mine thought it would be good to unplug his router while he was on vacation to save power. He came back, plugged the router back in and it was broken. And this is just one of many examples I know.

1 Like