Roon ropieee and DIRAC?

Hello guys!

I have roon,raspberry as end point,dirac and hijack audio.

I am tryting to find a way to make this work. any thoughts?!

Also unfortunatelly my macbook pro makes clicks and pops in sound. Is very annoying.

Thanx

I’m using RPi3 powered by RoPieee, USB to Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 Digital DAC, RCA to a vintage Technics SU-8600 amp, and a miniDSP DDRC24 with Dirac Live connected inbetween the amp’s PRE-OUT and MAIN IN connectors. Core is Roon ROCK running on a NUC7i7. Works great for a modest budget.
Edit: Speakers are the mighty Technics SB-7000.

That is a WOW! I know those speakers quite well. Never owned a pair, but I owned the SU-8600 once. Did you do anything to the cross overs?

No, I’m just using room correction.
I bought the pair of SB-7000 originally in 1978 and sold them about 10 years later.
I was lucky to find a pair in excellent condition in Germany recently.

1 Like

I believe new capacitors, same values, would do wonders for the speaker. Maybe change the main inductor in the bass low pass too.
Still own a pair of EAS10TH1000 ‘Leaf’ tweeters from the same period. Haven’t used them for some time though…

@Nick_Vas unfortunately Dirac won’t let you export filters so Roon’s excellent convolver can’t be used. The only way seems to be @seagull’s method or an amplifier with Dirac Live built in.

1 Like

They are sounding pretty good. I can compare them to the Dali Opticon 8’s.

Below the RPi3, miniDSP and Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 Digital.

As the roon don’t support vst i use hijack audio.

Does the hijack audio can send music to ropieee?!

I am not familiar with hijack so I wouldn’t know. Probably worth asking in the Ropieee section of Audio Products.

Nice stack! RS-1500 too?

1 Like

Another option is the minidsp shd. It measures extremely well and does dirac as well. You can use the usb/coax/toslink input. Works very well.

Yes i am thinking of it a long time. But i must shell the hegel amp and the 851n.

Also i don’t know if it will be an downgrade taking the shd with another power amp…lets say nc500.

Ps: does the ropieee and dietpi have the same usb power output?! Or i must chnage something for the max usb performance?!