Roon server crashing very often

Hey @Gregor_Pompe,

You could get better performance by increasing the RAM to 16gb but the crashing is likely just taking place on the remote that you’re using. Is the crashing you’re seeing occurring on just one remote or multiple remotes?

You can ensure that you’ve set exceptions for Roon on your Mac and that you’ve updated those devices to the latest Build? (Settings>About>Remote)

When your “crash” occurs, check if the “run time” resets for Roon Server Software on Nucleus Web Administration Interface in your browser. Because if according to @jamie, only the remotes crashed, the “run time” of Roon Server Software should not be reset, right?

In the past, if I scrolled too fast on the Remote’s Album page, or clicked through the menu/options too fast on the remote, and my Roon Server Software rebooted, the “run time”(circled in red) of my Roon Server Software would reset to zero, but the “run time” for Operating system, Roon Lab Software wouldn’t reset to zero on Nucleus Web Administration Interface in my browser. Additionally, when my Roon Server Software rebooted, neither Roon PC remote, nor Roon iPad Remote would force quit. the PC/iPad remotes would show “attempting to connect to core…”

1 Like

Hello,

the problem is not the crashing of the app, but crashing of the server, which is evident if I check the web UI page. So the question is would additilnal RAM diminish the crashing of the roon server on nucleus.

1 Like

Hey @Gregor_Pompe

We pulled logs from your Nucleus to see if we can determine what’s happening and why. We’re not seeing any recent crashes. If this happens again can you please note the Date and Time when it occurs and post it here? That will help us pinpoint the crash in your logs. Thanks!

Thanx.

Now the stability of nucleus server is little bit better. Not crashing every hour, but once a day (even when not in use).

But there is knew “bug”: when streaming to KEF LSX sepaker the music stops every 30 seconds. ??

Hey @Gregor_Pompe,

I’m sorry to hear that. Can you tell us how you’re connecting to the KEFs in Roon? Are you seeing any error messages when playback stops? How are those connected to internet, wired or wi-fi? Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.