Roon Server Device

Just a Heads Up and maybe of some interest.

I have recently built a new Roon Nucleus (well not quite), it’s a Akasa Pro version.

For those wishing the real thing, then read no further, but if you are interested read on.

I have recently built an Akasa Turing pro Fanless NUC 12 i7 variant, which I highly recommend.

By comparison to the Nucleus, it’s about half the cost and does just about everything just as good, or better.

The Akasa unit is currently running at about 27.5c (which is an extremely low temp) at full operation after a four hour first test, including a full transfer of my music backup from my NAS to to the installed SSD hard drive. (As of present it has never exceeded 30c)
Needless to say, I am very impressed indeed, and if nothing else , should be investigated.

This is not a Nucleus bashing, far from it, but there appears to be other options to have a decent system, that runs a silent, (Fanless) low temperature reliable device.

I’ll leave it there, make up your own mind.

2 Likes

I run a 10th Gen i5 NUC in an Akasa Turing case and am equally Happy.
But I recently moved from Rock to DietPi for additional features such as Roon Display over HDMI and the ability to run extensions and some additional services.

As you have said there are plenty of options available that will do a great job.