Roon skipping Tidal Playlist randomly, with error message

@support

Hello, I just purchased a Roon lifetime subscription as i think it really awesome.

Im linked to a Tidal HIFI Account, my server is a Mac Mini OSX Sierra, dual core i7, connected to Network via cat 6 cabling.
Roon core version 1.3. Various endpoints Mac Mini’s and raspberry PI 3s with roon bridge installed.

Once I start a playlist (I have been experiencing this on the Rolling Stone 500 greatest PL) I will randomly get skips.
Ether at the beginning or at any point during the track playback. There is an error showing something to the likes of
“this track is not available on tidal” even if was playing a few seconds earlier!!! If i press skip back and forward the item has disappeared from the playlist as if it was never there.

It’s a shame because i think ROON is worth the money… but i would really not want to use the 30 day money back guarantee as there is no comparable product on the market.

My internet connections is finer optic 1 gbit connection from which i routinely get speed of 500/800 megabits.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards Luigi

Hi @luigi_martusciello ------ Thank you for the report and sharing your feedback with us. The insight is appreciated and sorry to hear of the troubles.

Moving forward, I would like to enable diagnostics on your account so we can try to get a sense of what is causing this behavior in your setup but first, and my apologies for any confusion as it is touch unclear to me based on the information in your post. Can you verify if you experience this behavior with an audio device (i.e DAC or headphones) mounted directly to the Mac Mini hosting your Roon core?

-Eric

Hello,
The problem is not directly related to a single node, and it happens randomly, but for now I have experienced it in multi room synchronized playback. Yesterday evening i had it on a single nide for some hours and the tracks played without skippng to the next. I don’t know if this is was by chance. I have a short video, i will post a share link to it later.
Thank you
L.

@Eric

Here is the video,

you can just read the error message if you pause the video

L.

Thanks for the follow up and video example @luigi_martusciello! Very appreciated!

As mentioned in my previous post, I have went ahead and enable diagnostics on your account. The next time your core machine comes online a diagnostics report will be automatically generated/uploaded to our servers which will contain a fresh set of Roon logs.

Once the report has been received I will touch base with you to confirm that it has been downloaded and then send it over to our techs ASAP for analysis.

Many thanks!
-Eric

@Eric
Ok I will setup a playlist with multi room today , and see how it goes

L.

@eric any news? It hasn’t happned in the last few daya must say.

looks to be the same issue most are having with Tidal.

A post was split to a new topic: TIDAL songs being skipped during playback