Roon, Sonos and internet radio

I have a Roon Core running on a Nuc (in a container on fedora)
I have two sonos speakers.

And I have an issue.

What works:

• Playing music from Tidal or my local library to the Sonos speakers: Perfect.

• Playing internet radio via Roon to my PC (either over headphones or the monitors): Perfect.

• Playing internat radio to the Sonos speakers: Music break up all the time, making this impossible to listen to.

• Listening to internet raid via Sonos App works well, to. But I do not want to switch apps each time. And I do not like that you get a whole bunch of unrelated adds before the stream starts…

Why would this now work as expected?

Are the sonos wired or wireless? Can you try wired connection for the Sonos?
I’d guess that it’s a wireless signal interference or strength issue if they are wireless…

I wired one of the boxes, and moved from Wifi back to Sonosnet. But that did not make a difference. Anyway, playback of local music and Tidal works perfectly. It is only internet radio. And internet radio works perfectly on my mac (via Roon…)

OK, so support will need to know more details of your set-up in order to help figure it out.
You will need to fill out the “support” form with all the proper details I think.

Hey @Krist_van_Besien,

Thanks for writing in, and you have my apologies here -

Running Roon in a container isn’t within the scope of official support, unfortunately. We’d be happy to help troubleshoot if you change your server setup, but outside of that we’ll need to relocate your thread over to Tinkering where others from the community who share similar setups may be able to help.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.