Roon start-up without internet access

Hurricane Matthew knocked out our power and internet last week. I have a 40kWh generator, so power was not an issue. However, after restarting all my systems from a shutdown (computers, NAS, servers, etc.) ROON attempted to validate my user account online. There was no internet service, therefore, ROON could not validate my account and thus would not start. It was several days before internet service was restored, during which time I was unable to use ROON. Is there someway that ROON reverts to its prior operational state if it does not find any internet service?

4 Likes

Hi Bob,
I’ve moved your post into the feature request section.
One for @Mike and @Brian to chew over.

This is strange–it’s supposed to hold onto a previous login for 30 days. @mike, this is worth investigating.

Hey @RobertS – this definitely sounds wrong, so I’d like to get a look at your logs.

Can you follow the instructions here, and use this ID when prompted to submit some logs to us:

cff77672-faf0-4389-a65d-658094a93d9f

Let us know once you’ve sent the logs, and we’ll take a deeper look.

Also, when you let me know the upload is complete, can you also confirm:

• What version of Roon you are running (Settings > About)
  • What operating system you are running (Windows 7; OSX 10.9; etc)
  • Whatever you know about the device you’re using (MacBook Pro 2011 w 4gb of RAM; HP Envy laptop w i7; etc).

Thanks again and sorry for the trouble. Glad you made it through the storm otherwise!

Hello Mike,

I’ve sent the logs for my three servers, Zuma, SonicTranspoter, and NUC. Each is running ROON 1.2 build 161. Zuma and NUC are running Windows 10, they each have i7 processors with 32GB memory and 256/512 GB SSD respectively. SonicTranspoter is an i7 with 8GB memory and 128GB SSD, I believe the OS is a linux variant by Andrew Gillis at Small Green Computer.

Regards,
Robert Steel

Thanks for the info – I’ve got the logs. :thumbsup:

Just to be clear, your Roon Core normally runs on the SonicTransporter? Or do you switch your configuration around and also use the other devices as your Core sometimes?

Which device were you booting when this happened?[quote=“BahamaBob, post:1, topic:14956”]
However, after restarting all my systems from a shutdown (computers, NAS, servers, etc.) ROON attempted to validate my user account online
[/quote]

And finally, prior to the storm, any idea when that device was last rebooted?

Thanks for your help here @RobertS – if there’s a bug here, we’ll find it :wink:

Hi Mike,
I use three ROON databases. My master database (600,000+ tracks) is on the NUC running ROON Server. I have a smaller database devoted to classical (90,000+ tracks) running on the Zuma. The SonicTransporter also runs the smaller database but it is prone to dropouts, mono issue?
When I was booting I tried each core, with the same result. I received a message stating I had 0 authorizations available.
I have no idea which database I was using prior to shutting down before the storm.