Roon stops playing music at any time [Resolved]

Hi Eric,

thank you for your reply, there does not seem to be any rhyme or reason when it happens. Somedays it will play music all day and start straight away the next day. other times it does it when I change to another artist, and then it will stop straight after a song finishes. It does not stop mid music. When it stops then all zones vanish apart from the Sonos which is connected wirelessly.

I have 2 zones connected by 2 separate USB cables. One is the Deckard feeding my headphones for more intense listening, and the other is a Meridian Explorer2 feeding powered speakers for listening while I work. I have tried various combinations but they will play fine, and then at some point it will stop and there are no speaker outputs present. They even vanish from my System Preferences sometime. If I’m lucky and pull out the USB and re insert it the zone will show up again. But most times I have to turn off the computer and reboot and even then Roon will sometimes open with no zones or speakers apart from the wireless Sonos. This makes me suspect the mac maybe the problem.

The mac is a 27” late 2013 with 3.4 GHz intel i5 with 16gb memory.I am looking in the future to move my albums and Tidal subscription to a separate streamer and iPad control so that the mac is not part of the system. But until then I am frustrated with the setup. I love Roon it is a beautiful way to have ones music available.

Kind regards

Eric