Roon Throttling?

Content you’re reporting an issue with

Hi Guys,
I’m on day 11 and my files are still being added to Roon.
Needless to say the performance of Roon while this process is being completed leaves much to be desired.
If this process takes the 14 day trial period to complete, then it occurs to me that it is not a free trial.

Have you made any edits to this content in Roon?

Is this content from local files, TIDAL, or Qobuz?

This media is on physical drives located on the local machine

Screenshot of import settings

Description of the issue

Does Roon Throttle their members access to the Roon database?

Does becoming a paying member bypass the throttling?

Am I always going to have to suffer with performance issues because my personal physical library is so large?

Why is Roon running 4 instances ?

Roon asked for an update today and after clicking on the prompt the program shut down and restarted itself, yet I’ve been told by members on this forum to allow Roon to run and leave it running.

I appreciate all the people who responded to my last inquiries.
I can say that the Roon community is robust even if the software is slow, buggy, laggy, underperforming.
Don’t think of me as ungrateful or unrealistic. Think of me as giving excellence and expecting to get some modicum of excellence.

BUILD:
AsusTek TUF B450M-Plus Gaming MainBoard >
AMD Ryzen 7 2700 Eight-Core Processor 3.20 GHz 64-bit operating system, x64-based CPU processor
Nvidia High Definition Realtek Digital Audio - Realtek(R) Audio Audio On-Board Audio
Gskill F4-3000C16D-16GISBAegis DDR4 DDR4-3000 CL16-18-18-38 1.35V 32GB (4x8GB) Memory
Asus DRW-24B3ST Optical drive
Seasonic model SS-520GB Active PFC F3 power supply
DRIVES:
OS Drive C: Samsung SSD 860 EVO 250GB OS
Data Drive 1: Hitachi Ultrastar 7 HUS724040ALE640 4TB SATA 7.2K HDD 2.13TB used for downloaded MP3 files
Data Drive 2: Western Digital WD20EADS-00S2B0 2Tb SATA 7.2K HDD 1.08TB used for CD/dvd rips
DISPLAY:
MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4096 MB DDR5 Display adapter
Dell 24" Monitor S2415H HDMI
HP 27" Monitor 27ES HDMI

SOFTWARE:
Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.1526)OS
JRiver Media Center 27.0.85 (64 Bit)
MusicBrainz Picard ver. 2.7.3
MCutils Perl Scraper and tagger utility ver. 2022-02-13-2012

AUDIO PATH:
RCA 3.5 Stereo - 2RCA stereo cable >
SMSL SA-98E 2x160W Big Power TDA7498E HiFi Stereo Digital Amplifier Black >
(2)B&W DM 601 S2 speaker

Best,
Jay Jay aka Jamboxjay

If you go to settings >> Library >> Analysis speed

You can increase it to use all cores or Fast and then just leave it a alone for a day or two.

Email roon and ask for an extension on your trial as well.

What Chris said. Plus you have over 100K albums. That is a very large library and it will take time for Roon to analyze. I know there are users that have as many or more albums than you. Maybe search the forum for their posts to see how they manage performance with such a large library.

As big as that collection is, eleven days is way too long. I’d guess that the analysis is stalling on a file or files and it may be worth splitting analysis up by folder.

1 Like

A full Audio Analysis is not really needed for a review/trial of the product. All the analysis does is create the waveform and volume leveling information,it is NOT identification or metadata. The better option is to turn off Library Analysis and set On Demand Analysis to Fast. This means Roon does a quick analysis of the track(s) being played

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.