Roon, TIDAL and MQA

IMO, this doesn’t need fixing. I prefer software not to automatically override existing conditions that I have put in place. Far better for Roon to add a new or different version as an Other Version than for it to automatically assume that the version I just made a favorite in Tidal, or the version that I just added to my Watch Folder should be the new Primary version.

For example, I have many hi-res FLAC files from box sets of albums that are Primary in my Roon album list. For some of those, I finally got around to adding my vinyl rips of those same albums to my music folder. I don’t want those rips to be Primary in Roon, but I do want them available as another version when the mood strikes me to listen to them. Roon should not make the newly added versions Primary just because they’re newest. Ditto for Tidal.

That said, I am eagerly awaiting a way in Roon, or Tidal, or Roon and Tidal to easily discover and add MQA album versions to my Library. The way things work now is, to say the least, difficult.