Roon UI overhaul

A number of fairly significant improvements to Roon have been mentioned by the developers on these forums over the last number of months and more recently I have heard little further about it. I’m just wondering where the Roon team are at with this at the moment?

Good luck with that question. :smile:

Still being developed. You know we don’t give dates or schedules.

1 Like

Indeed! But occasionally one can succumb to one’s own natural curiosity, can one not? And thanks to Danny for the reply, curt though it may be :wink: I suppose that I’m happy to know that things are still in development and have not been forgotten about or put aside for newer projects (as often seems to be the case with software developers)!

This project is part of a much larger effort to unify phone w/ tablet/desktop functionality and also make Roon “mobile” ready, as opposed to just a remote for your home.

It will take a lot of time. It is our most ambitious project.

3 Likes

Well that does sound promising Danny, even if I’m not entirely clear on what is meant by Roon being mobile ready. If it means that mobile devices can be used as endpoints for Roon with connection over the internet rather than a local network, then that would indeed be great news. I hope however that these developments are not entirely at the expense of all the features and improvements that I and many others have been discussing on the forums for some time!