Roon updating song title metadata erroneously

Content you’re reporting an issue with

Various albums that have been ripped for years but new additions have been released.

Have you made any edits to this content in Roon?

No

Is the album identified in Roon?

Yes

Is this content from local files, TIDAL, or Qobuz?

Local

Screenshot of import settings

Description of the issue

As above - tracks changed to ATMOS version in the case of Joni and 2019 remix in the case of the Beatles. I have come across it several other times and correct it by editing and selecting to use file data but I’m wondering why Roon is doing this and if it can be stopped - or of course why is it just happening to me!

.sjb

The Joni Mitchell should be fixed on our servers tomorrow. The Beatles one will have to wait for now until I can figure out the right fix without destroying good metadata.

Funny, I had noticed this over the holidays with my copy of Abbey Road and I didn’t think much of it because I have both the original CD and the 2019 mix, so I just set the former to prefer my track names and moved on.

But now I just checked my one and only standard copy of “Court & Spark” (Down to You is certainly one of the best songs ever, agreed?), and I see it is labeled as Atmos mix just like in your collection. I wonder how much of my collection might have this issue now, but I’m not eager to poke around just so I can become disappointed……

I think it might need a more universal fix rather than just album by album or artist by artist.

This is my MOFI Plastic Ono Band - not the ultimate mix.

.sjb

Speaking of Joni, will this fix the “arranged by (an 13 year old!) Vince Mendoza” - which seems to be sucked in from Travelogue?

.sjb

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.