Roon with NAD M33

Great, the M33 is now listed officially as Roon Ready, unfortunately my core will not accept it as such, stating that it is not certified. I tried just about everything and rebooted the core etc. Can we get some help here please, we’re quite a few having waited for a long time for this :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, can we get some help here Roon?

1 Like

Tagging @Support for you… hopefully they’ll be by shortly.

Hello everyone,

We discovered an issue that may have prevented some users from getting the M33 and T 778 certification status. It should be resolved. If your Core hasn’t updated itself already, a restart of the app should get things up and running. Enjoy!

-John

4 Likes

After at least 20core reboots finally certified.

Finally! it works wonderfully, thanks Roon and NAD!

Thank you :+1:

All set and operational, thanks NAD, BlueSound and Roon for getting this up and running for us!

M33 working awesome here, with the new features !

Well it’s definitely been worth the wait :grinning:

Hi to all M33 users.

Fine to have the unit certified but see my post in support:

Does anybody have the same problem? Or just suggestions?
Help is very appreciated!

Thanks.

Well I wish I had some advice, I am not that savvy !. Mine is playing everything I have including 176, which you did not mention. Do you have the latest updates from 4/8 and 4/13 ? You might have to do a reset of the M33 or maybe you accidentally did something in ROON. I would hope ROON has a suggestion for you or somebody smarter than me. Good Luck. .

It’s a well know bug.
Nad has been advice of it.
Disable DIRAC and it’ll be ok or use bluos.

I made some further and intense investigations. Actually I have two differnt problems:

@Wayne_Fiala: with my M33 just the 88kHz samplingrate is not playing with roon and active Dirac! Sampling rate conversion in roon is my workaround there. The problem with 192kHz was still around.

The 192kHz rate was still giving me the message “slow content loading” not depending where the content was coming from (Local or Qobuz).

So I made test with different Roon core maschines, different switch ports, different librarys. At last I have factory reset my M33. Still the same problem. After all this exerience I have disconnect from ethernet und connected it wireless. And as weired as it sounds, everything was fine (exept the 88kHz Dirac problem).

I then saw that it must have something to do with the network connection via cable. Of course I have already changed the cables several times without success. The cable is only 5m long.
Then I took a cheap 8port Zyxel switch and plugged it between my Ubiquity US-8-150W and my M33. And like miracle, my problem was gone!

Conclusion: My Ubiquity switch does not work correckt with my NAD. Although the Ubiquity had no special configurations and works with many other devices (also BluOS and Roon) without problems.

strange…!?

@support: can you further investigate the NAD Dirac problem and Roon with some sampling rates, please!

Thanks!
André

Hello @flan,

We appreciate the thorough testing!

We’re going to test with our in-house unit to see what’s going on. If we see the same behavior we’ll reach out to NAD.

-John

1 Like

This is a long time bug we have with NAD and Roon with Dirac and FLAC files with a sampling rate of 88 khz.

Dirac and MQA at 88khz work fine. I have a C658 and have the same issue and I already post the problem here in Roon forum

Hi Sylvain

Good to know, does the workaround with sample rate conversion work with your unit?

@john: keep us postet with the results of your test and process of bugfixing.

Thanks

I cannot test because I don’t use Dirac anymore.
I was not convinced of the results and I was loosing soundstage.

I just stumbled across this as I was trying to solve a skipping problem and can confirm the problem at 88.2 khz with Dirac on is still occurring on the C658 (and I think on my M10 as well but I have Dirac Live off there for the time being due to a speaker change). Just tried turning on the DSP and doing a custom upsampling for 88.2 to 96 and things play normally with Dirac Live on.

Now that I know what the problem is - I can pay more attention to see if other combinations cause a problem on these units.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.