Roon with NAD M33

If that is the case, it does not sound very encouraging for continued support of existing products that currently have Roon Ready Certification. Do they have a support forum where you might be able to find out what their plans are?

How does adding a raspberry pi solve the problem? The PI is the endpoint right? I don’t see how this could work well enough so I see the music data on the m33 display. Could you please describe?

The Pi would be a bridge. The M33 remains the endpoint. I think you’re probably right that you won’t see music data on the M33 display. My suggestion is a rather limited solution and one that is far from satisfactory in the overall scheme of things.

Anthony. I have to do a bit of eating crow. After a few interactions with both parties. NAD and Roon I can assure everyone that progress is forthcoming. The M33 will get certification. Its complicated and I cant go into details but its coming very soon.

5 Likes

Will the new Roon version 1.8 include NAD M33 certification? Anybody knows?

Hi Fernando the certification process is not usually tied to releases. As soon as devices are certified (and maybe get a firmware update) they immediately show up as Roon endpoints.
Maybe not the answer you wanted, but always good to know

Mike

1 Like

Downloaded 1.8. Still no M33 certification. So disappointed

I am also waiting for this for months now. Is there any clarification when the NAD M33 will work with Roon?

Same here I will be canceling my Roon subscription soon but I blame NAD/BluOs for not taking ownership of the certification process.
Feeling kind of upset spending over 5000€ on my M33 where it does not do what it is supposed to and what the manufacturer promised when I bought it 6 months ago.

1 Like

I was quite eager to buy an M33 back about 5-6 months ago. Fortunately, it’s lack of availability and my procrastination kept me from it. I don’t doubt that NAD will eventually release a Roon Ready update, but quite thankful I didn’t order one at the time. My guess is that NAD sees Roon as a small fish in a big ocean of sales. They’ll get to it when they get to it. But I don’t doubt that lack of Roon certification has cost them more than a few sales.

Do you think it will beat your Expert on SQ?

I was looking into it back when I was quite frustrated with Devialet’s poor response to using RAAT over gigabit ethernet. So I wanted to compare what I hoped was a state-of-the-art integrated - the M33 - against my 440 Pro. Never got the chance. Since Roon is such an important part of my listening now, I gave up on the M33.

Still think my 440 Pro sounds amazing. Interestingly, after the last Devialet OS/firmware, the dropout problems did diminish. I then switched from using Win 10 for RoonServer to an 8i7 NUC running ROCK and the issues have all but vanished as has my desire to sell my 440 Pro.

NAD has released a new USB module compatible with M33. NAD Launches New MDC Upgrade Module - MDC USB DSD - NAD Electronics I wonder if this will allow to add the M33 in Roon as a computer output, even when Roon certification for this device is not yet available.

I don’t own an M33, but it’s hard to understand with the successful implementation of Roon in the Node 2i as well as other NAD products that it can’t be forthcoming in the their flagship M33.

Could it be the Dirac Live features and Roon’s proprietary DSP not playing nice with each other that is causing the issue? 🤷

Those who have purchased the KEF LS50W 2’s are in the same boat when it comes to the Roon certification issue. Hopefully it can be worked out soon for all owners of these products.

1 Like

Just had this from NAD :slight_smile:

Thank you for contacting the NAD Electronics Support Crew. We sincerely apologize for the undue delay in getting back to you.

We are very pleased to announce that in the coming days, we will be launching BluOS 3.14. Amongst some other great added features, ROON has fully Certificatied the Award Winning NAD M33 and NAD T778 flagship AV Receiver.

I hope this information helps and am going to mark this request as solved to prevent you from receiving reminder emails from our system.

Thank you for choosing NAD Electronics, HEART+SOUL You Can Hear.
Nishchal
The NAD Electronics Support Crew

1 Like

I got the module last week, connected the usb output of my innuos zen Roon core and it works.

3.14.2 released today, applied to my M33, Roon still not working. I still get a message saying the device isn’t certified - I’ve installed the firmware update on the M33 and the BluOS app on my iPhone has just updated… but still can’t use Roon… :frowning:

Now listed on Roon site as certified.

Great, the M33 is now listed officially as Roon Ready, unfortunately my core will not accept it as such, stating that it is not certified. I tried just about everything and rebooted the core etc. Can we get some help here please, we’re quite a few having waited for a long time for this :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, can we get some help here Roon?

1 Like