Roon without Internet in the sea

Hello. I install audio systems professionally and use roon for my clients. I’m working on a music system on a yacht and it happens that there is no internet access in the ocean. How critical is this for roon and are there ways to prevent crashes due to lack of internet. Is it possible to change the frequency of the confirmation request.

grafik

So for Roon 2.0 you need permanent internet access, with Roon 1.8 you may be without internet access for up to 30days:

PS: But you may not be able to start up even Roon 1.8 without internet access, IIRC the up to 30 days count for loss of internet access for an already running Roon system (only).

1 Like

Could you use Roon ARC and use an offline library?

Same conditions apply it will only run for a short period permanently offline as it needs to get its license checked.

Starlink is offering maritime service now. No idea if they cover the oceans this boat is sailing but worth looking in to imo.

There are a number of options, Starlink, Inmarsat, Viasat, and others provide varying service packages for maritime use.

True there are others but Starlink is relatively cheap and offers broadband and low latency because it uses low orbit sats.

Streaming music and even 4K video is no problem contrary to those Legacy providers.

If I had a ocean-going boat capable of housing a sound system I’d be all over it.

Can these maritime services be used for Roon also on land?

I like that what’s stopping using Roon at sea is pirates!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.