roonARC setup issues with 5G Home Internet form Verizon

Roon Server Machine

2012 MacMini Intel 2.7Ghz 16GB Ram
OS Catalina 10.15.7

Networking Gear & Setup Details

5G Home Internet Gateway Verizon on Ethernet
no VPN

1. Who is your internet service provider? VERIZON

2. Please list the make and model of your modem and router? Internet Gateway Verizon (no model or else)

3. Do you have any additional network hardware, like additional routers or managed switches?
    On extender provided by Verizon my room server is wired and connected to the main router

4. Does your network have any VPNs, proxy servers, or enterprise-grade security?
    No

Connected Audio Devices

Cambridge Audio ANX10 Ethernet to router and to Cambridge Audio Azure 640A
Samsung Smart TV Toslink to DAC to Cambridge Audio Azure 640A
Chromecast HDMI to Samsung Smart TV
2012 Mac Mini roon Server HDMI to Samsung Smart TV and Ethernet to router

Description of Issue -

What is the exact port forwarding error message you see in the Roon Settings → ARC tab?

Roon ARC will not be able to access your roon server
Roon ARC was unable to securely access your roon server

I’ve discussed this issue with Verizon Technical Support and they just limit their support to make sure the router and their service are running properly
I’ve tried to follow the troubleshooting instructions with no success but I’ve confirmed my router is set for automatic configuration

Before switching to Verizon I was with SPECTRUM roonARC was working and my room server was able to auto-configure

Not Roon tech support, but I had the same issue when I tried Verizon 5G some time back. They don’t support uPNP and there is no way to configure port triggering / routing, etc., on their routers.

So more than Roon did not work - I also could not access my video doorbell remotely, my NAS, my pool monitor, my robot vacuum …

So I returned the router and went back to my previous provider.

1 Like

Hi @Gustavo_Clerici,

There’s a known issue with RoonServer and ARC connectivity on certain IPv6-compatible networks that manifests with the symptom in your screenshot.

Autoconfiguration may succeed after we release a fix included in the next Roon update. You should see this announced in Software Release Notes before long.

As a workaround, you can try to temporarily deactivate native or dual-stack IPv6 in your Verizon settings, if applicable.

1 Like

Hi and thanks for your prompt reply
It worked perfectly after I updated to the latest version

Looking forward to trying ARC on the road
Thanks again

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.