Roonlabs and Tidal service stopped working

I’ve had repeated problems with TIDAL and Roon as well, ever since the new ‘oauth’ TIDAL login system was implemented. I’ve been able to resolve it each time, so I haven’t reached out to @support before, but it seems this has become chronic (though still not all that frequent)…

Today, I just updated my MacBook Pro from 10.15.3 to 10.15.4 – the MacBook is only acting as a Roon remote – it connects to a Nucleus in another room running the latest software (v1.7, build 528). After updating my Mac, the Roon overview screen would not display anything except for the moving icon in the center of the screen (I left it for a few minutes, and also quit and re-opened Roon with no change), though Genres, Discover, and Qobuz screens all displayed normally. Of course, the TIDAL-only page would not display at all, and in Settings: Services, I saw the spinning icon next to the TIDAL ‘Edit’ button.

I attempted disabling and re-enabling the TIDAL account there as a quick fix, but it would never re-enable, so I logged-out of TIDAL. As you know, logging back in to TIDAL now involves multiple steps including a number of CAPTCHA pages which I find incredibly annoying. At some point TIDAL must have decided that I’d jumped through enough hoops, and finally allowed me to successfully complete the login.

If this were only a once or twice a year problem it wouldn’t be a big deal. I haven’t been logging this, but believe it has been four times now – just in the short amount of time since these recent changes.

I understand that Roon may not have much recourse if the new login headaches are a requirement that TIDAL has mandated, but perhaps by mentioning it here instead of just silently ‘fixing’ the problem each time, some progress towards a solution could be made (Roon working with TIDAL).

Personally, I’d rather have a 2FA (Google Auth or similar) login requirement vs. the current web login with the silly CAPTCHA screens nonsense, if it were deemed truly necessary at all. Also, it would be nice if the Roon (macOS remote) app’s overview screen still displayed – just without the TIDAL content, instead of coming up completely blank just because TIDAL isn’t ‘playing nice’ with Roon.

I still love Roon, just not feeling the love for TIDAL’s new login / repeated AUTH issues. Thanks.